Friday, February 8, 2008

Repeat- Help!

I guess basically I'm trying to say, my experience is from a user friendly site.  My profile in myspace has a picture of all my friends and tells when they are online and when they have updates added, I click on their picture and it goes to their site.  Can this site do the same thing?  I don't see where it can only take 10 minutes to setup being as I can't figure it out.  Can I create photo albums?  It's formatting seems confusing .  How do I set Tiff and Jenni up as friend links?  I suppose if I had all day I might be able to figure it out.  But, I thought if you could offer help on here others that don't have all day might be able to use the help as well.  Or maybe I need to meet with Jenni someday and have her walk me through it.  Let me know please.  Mary

1 comment:

thomas family said...

I just wanted to clarify that this family blog is not like the family website we had through ldscenter, it doesn't have a lot of the same stuff, but no one was really using the other site and Mom was paying $ to have us on it and this blogger site is free and simple. The whole reason for starting this blog is have a simplified website where everyone can do little updates of what is going on (birthdays, anniversaries, vacations, accomplishments, recipes, and everyday stories you want to share with everyone) and a place where we can post the semi-annual family newsletter. This blog isn't for posting personal emails to one another, isn't for personal profiles, and it isn't a chat room. This blog is just for our immediate family and once everyone has joined it will be made private so that only our family will see it. It does have picture and video posting capabilities and I am looking into adding page elements like calendars/birthday & anniversary reminders. It really is user-friendly, it might take a little time to get used to the settings/features. Basically once you have an account you will click on the new post link in the right hand corner, it will take you to a posting page, you can type in a title and start writing, click on the add image or add video link if you want to upload a photo or video clip and click preview to see how you like it and then click on publish post then view the blog. If you have any questions let Tiff or I know, we would be happy to help. There is a way to add a link (to the side of the blog page) to personal photo albums or websites, let me know if you want help with this or anything else just email me.
Love, Jenni