Hi to you all!
I love the new blogs on your individual sites. It is so fun to read about how you are doing, what you are doing, and see the awesome pictures. I think this is a great way for us all to stay close.
Dad's work has slowed down a bit; which has been nice. He still has way too much to do; but at least he doesn't have to stay as late.
A week ago we had an all day Saturday together and we went to two movies and lunch. This week we just enjoyed the day at home working on our own projects. It snowed anyway so we didn't want to go out.
his mission. This is Uncle Michael and Aunt Tammy's son. He just came home from the Ukraine mission. He gave an excellent talk on the elements of worship and shared some good missionary experiences. We then went over to their home for lunch and had a great visit with all of them. Aunt Tammy seems to be doing better. They have some great children and I hope we can get together more so that you all can know some of them better. Adam told us the following information while we were in their home. He said that they have been trying to build a Temple in the Ukraine for years but the government is very corrupt and it was causing a lot of delays. He said that the church finally got the ok; but then the government paid off local contractors and builders so they wouldn't take the contracts. The church is now having all of the materials and work done by workers from Germany. It's sad; but good that they can start building it.
Uncle John and Aunt Gloria came for the Sacrament meeting; but didn't stay for the lunch. Gloria said that Megan had her baby on February 22nd. They had to take the baby because; she had been growing and the placenta was deteriorating. The baby weighted 5 lbs. 8 ounces. They are naming her Mia Nyal Williams. She said the baby was tiny; but doing well.
I just finished a book for the 2nd time called The Peacegiver. I read it a while back; but read it again for our ward book club. I would encourage you all to read it. I know that I have said in the past that the Scriptures are the best source for any struggles and they will always be first in my book. However, this book uses the scriptures and a story to teach the meaning of the Atonement. It is powerful and the experience used is common in our lives. It involves a couple that are struggling in their marriage and in the end the husband discovers the healing power of the Atonement and the wife too. It is a lesson of love, forgiveness, and the healing power of the Savior. It's a short read; so I would love it if you would all read it. It has meaning to every aspect of your struggles in life. It taught forcefully the power of the Atonement.
We hope that you are all doing well. We pray that Mary's shoulder is feeling better from falling down while snowboarding. It was Christian's birthday Saturday and he said he had a great day.
Travis and Amanda are busy trying to sale their home; so our prayers are with them. We talked with Brandon and Christina yesterday. Brandon had a little break; due to Stake conference. However, he said at the Stake Priesthood meeting he learned more of what he needs to be doing; so he is a little overwhelmed. Michael and Jenni were happy to get accepted in a PhD. program in South Dakota. I am still praying for the Y; but am glad that they have a place for sure. We are praying the Dave and Tiffani's family can get better quickly from Strep Throat.
Also keep the prayers up for Jonnie Cherie. She will be in the hospital for 4 to 6 weeks for the final and worst of the chemo. Callahan and Nicki are going to take their daughter Eliza to Guatemala for some kind of treatment with stem cells.
I had a great moment with Aunt Della. On my way out to see her last week I prayed that I could influence her with the gospel. She told me about her baptism and we have talked about her activity as a youth in her oral history. We had a great discussion on the Mason's and Mormons. Anyway, she has been listening to the Work and Glory Series and when I got there she was listening to the tapes. We visited and then I read to her from Dad and Mother's history and it was the part where I was sealed to my parents. On that same day my grandparents were there and my step Grandpa was the proxy for my grandfather so my grandma was sealed to him and Aunt Alene and Mother was sealed to them. As I was leaving the thought came to ask her if when she died would she be upset with me if I had her sealed to her parents. She said "No" in fact she said, "I'm still a Mormon. I was pretty excited about that. I am sure I will be able to talk with her more about the church during our visits. I have come to love her a lot and I hope she can stay here for a little longer.
We should hear soon on the Reunion site. I will let you know more when we do.
I plan on every other month to post a little more of Dad and I's Love Story with pictures so I will be working on that soon.
We love you all. Dad and Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment