Monday, April 14, 2008

and the winner is...

So we wanted to let all the fam know, we are headed for the University of South Dakota. We just made the decision today, we had been waiting to hear back from BYU and just found out today that 9 out of 10 had accepted their offer, and the last position was not in an area of study that Michael is interested in so it went to another alternate. Yikes! We will move to Vermillion sometime around the end of July or the beginning of August.
It is a really small town, well, small to me, it has about 10,000 people but I am guessing that does not include all of the college students. I am not sure what I am going to do without my cafe rio, cold stone, joann's fabric, or a mall, although Sioux City, Iowa is about 35 miles away and the population is about 85,000 so we may have a place to go. I did survive living in Rexburg, especially with frequent trips to Idaho Falls. Anywho, that is all for now. Take care.

3 comments:

amber and james said...

Congratulations! We are happy and sad at the same time. You guys will do great. Time will fly, and then you can come back home. You never know...you may love it there, and want to stay.
We love you guys!
Love,
Amber

Anonymous said...

How exciting, I think a big move is so exciting. I think you guys will do great also!! Hey 16 years ago I dreaded being in Rexburg, and well here I am and I love it!! Like Amber said you may love it. I love small towns!! We will miss having you close and around for trips to Salt Lake! What a great adventure!! YEAH!!
Love, Amanda

Anonymous said...

You guys will have fun up there. That's great that you are so close to Iowa. I am sure you'll have great opportunities for missionary work in a small town. Now we have cool place to visit.
Love,
Tiff