Sunday, April 6, 2008

Dad and Mom Update April 6, 08

Hi to all of our children and grandchildren:
We love you all so much and are constantly praying for you to be blessed with the spirit of the Holy Ghost to direct all that you do.
I love conference weekend because it gives us a moment to ponder on our lives and make correction changes.
Many years ago I would feel more guilty than I would feel the spirit of change. I learned quickly that conference is not a guilt trip; it is a renewal of our commitment to utilize the great gift of the atonement in our lives.
Yesterday Dad and I felt overwhelmed with the spirit when we had the opportunity to be present in our own home and participate in a very sacred moment; that of a Solemn Assembly. What a privilege to sustain a new Prophet, apostles and the newest apostle called along with other church leaders. This only occurs when there is a new prophet and for other sacred moments in the church. For many years we lived out of state and did not have conference come to us by TV. I can only remember one such moment of being at a Solemn Assembly. I hope you all had a chance to participate in that moment. It is diffidently an important occasion to teach your children of. It was a very sacred moment for sure.
This weekend we have Laurie and Gabe here. They had tickets to go to both afternoon sessions of conference. Laurie being a convert to the church has just seemed so happy to have this very wonderful opportunity to actually go to the conference center and be present among 21,000 saints.
Dad recently got a job change and I don't think he knows what to think about it. He is no longer responsible for the day to day running of the Call Center. He will be working on projects associated with the call center and also the internal audit and the Government audit that he had to do last year. He will also be doing reports and etc. on clinical matters; which he is concerned about since he does have a strong clinical background. He says he is a director now over no one. No one reports to him and he only reports to his boss Cathy. I have prayed for a long time that he would have a less stressful job; so for the moment I will say it is an answer to prayer.
I was recently called to be the 1st counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. This is one of the really good calling where you are involved but don't have the bigger responsibility of activities. I will be over the teaching and music. I love that idea. I have also had the privilege of going to the temple weekly with a few sisters. This has been a great blessing to me. Dad and I both hope to start back working in the temple again. We now live 2.2 miles from the Jordan River Temple and we will be 2.4 miles from the new temple in Daybreak. These temples are to be completed this year so they are going to need many new temple workers.
That's all my dearest children. Remember that you are all in our prayers and often on the temple rolls when we feel that there is a need. We feel so blessed to have each of you active and involved in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Satan is very strong and his powerful angles want you all and you must stay close to the Prophet and keep the spirit in your lives. He is working overtimes to destroy marriages and families; please stay true.
Love, Dad and Mom

No comments: