Monday, March 9, 2009

UPDATE FROM DAD AND MOM

Loves and hugs to all of you! Dad and I have been busy at the temple on Saturday's; we are so glad to back. It is amazing that I am cough free for a few hours and also that we get up at 4:20 am to be there by 5:20 am. Dad is also working on Wednesday evenings. The normal staff for the Jordan River Temple is 4,000. The Draper Temple is taking 1,000 workers and then the next temple will take another 1,000 plus. The Jordan River Temple is the busiest temple in the church. It is amazing how full they are even on the very first session of the morning. There is usually a waiting line for about 45 minutes to do initiatory work. I am finding that the temple is such an awesome place of peace and joy. We are so grateful to be able to work there. We both had incredible setting apart blessings. I have such a strong testimony of this work. Meanwhile, I am trying to learn genealogy and hope to have names to send to you so you can do some of the work for your ancestors.
The family temple session went well. We didn't have as many there as we would have hoped; but it was wonderful anyway. It was so great to be able to have President Vassel speak with us for a few moments. Recently, as I was reading the Book of Mormon; I found a scripture that I thought would be good for us as a family to do. The scripture is found in Alma 45: 1 "Behold, now it came to pass that the people of Nephi were exceedingly rejoiced, because the Lord had again delivered them out of the hands of their enemies; therefore they gave thanks unto the Lord their God; yea, and they did fast much and pray much, and they did worship God with exceedingly great joy." The challenge for you all is to Fast and give thanks for all of your blessings. Take the time to think about the things that you are all grateful for and then Thank the Lord through Prayer and Fasting. Another challenge is for each of you to try and attend the temple at least monthly. Find the joy and peace that it can provide in your lives. Dad and I can promise you all that if you will do this; you will find more joy in your life and an increased ability to hear the voice of the spirit in your lives.
Since this is like a family journal; I didn't mention how much fun we had with the Idaho children and grandchildren who were down for the weekend. It's always fun to be with any of the grandchildren. They are a lively bunch; and I enjoy them all. They are the best! Everyone of you are a joy to Dad and I and we pray for you always.

Love you all! Dad and Mom

No comments: