Thursday, May 21, 2009
ENJOYING THE MOMENTS WITH OUR HEBER GRANDCHILDREN
While Sean and Mary went on a 10 day trip to Hawaii; I watched their children for 7 days. I went up to Heber from Monday until Friday. The older boys had school each day and Jeffery went to Pre-School for two of the days. It gave me an opportunity to have a good visit with Jacob when he wasn't working and a few moments with Gillian when she was home. The 5 boys were so good and they did their assignments with school, work and chores with no hassles. I enjoyed the opportunity to be with them. I brought them back to South Jordan on Friday through Monday. Grandpa and I took the boys shopping and out for Ice cream on Saturday. We watched some movies together and tried to limit the amount of time that they played with the Play Station. I asked them at the end of the week if I had gotten after them at all. Only Jonathan raised his hand because he had gotten grounded for a brief moment of time. I find that I am indeed more patient with my grandchildren than I was with my own children. You just mellow with age, I guess. Grandpa and I enjoyed visiting with the boys and learned a lot about their individual interests. Joseph had a base ball game while in Heber and I enjoyed watching him play 3rd base, catcher, and he also got a hit. He is a good baseball player. On Sunday after church a good friend of mine came over and showed the boys how to make paper swords. The boys went out and practiced with them for a few moments. We took some cute pictures; but regretfully they didn't turn out. We at least got these pictures of them on Sunday. My day started early each day and sometimes didn't get to bed early due to waiting for Gillian or having some of Jacob's friends over; so sleep wasn't a priority and I functioned well. It was a good experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment