Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Anniversary -- Thanks For The Past 44 Wonderful Year!

HAPPY 44TH ANNIVERSARY
To Celebrate  This Anniversary of 44  Wonderful Years; I decided to share with the family a poem that your father wrote to me last year.

One Eternal Round
I've pondered oft, but can't recall when frst I felt your love
You often jest that it began in meadows up above.

Where once you chased me through the flowers before the world we know
Perhaps that's true - and if it is I'm sure I ran quite slow.

Did you catch me - or was I caught with knowledge from the start
That in this world we'd meet again and you would steal my heart.

You came first, I followed soon and the roles were turned around
At age fifteen a feeling came that soon you would be found.

I passed it off for just a while, when I took a certain seat
And looked behind another row - and someone I did meet.

Short brown hair, a smiling face and a sparkle in your eye,
And though I learned you liked another, I knew that I must try.

And as I did, the angels helped and soon you came to me
And since that day, no other soul has stirred my heart like thee.

Two year were given to the Lord, the greatest of all calls
And then two lives became as one within the Temple walls.

A prophet of the living God did seal our lives as one
Together, bound by covenants, we sought to serve his Son

The promised joy of children soon filled our home with love
"No empty chair" is now our goal - forever and above

Our favorite hymns are of the Lord whose name we softly speak
We ponder on His sacrifice and think of Him each week.

Our lives have oft been richly blessed because of blessings given
What can we do, how can we serve to earn these gifts of heaven.

Perhaps within the Lord's own House we should seek to be
That we mgiht bless our kindred dead and our posterity.

"There is  a Green Hill Far Away without a city wall
where our Dear Lord was crucified who died to save us all".

There is a meadow still somewher where spirit used to play
And someday if we're good enought - He'll take us there to stay.
Now and Forever - Roger

Pictues throught the years















No comments: