Friday, June 13, 2014

Our Happy 47th Wedding Anniversary~

Our Wedding Day - June 1967
Our 47th Wedding Anniversary~
It is our 47th Wedding Anniversary today and it is a blessed Friday the 13th - Last night I was thinking about our wedding day. It was such a lovely day. We did have a bit of rain just as we were leaving the Salt Lake Temple. I remember a sweet little lady outside of the temple said to us; "I hope you are as happy in 50 years as you are today". I can report that my happiness has grown 10 fold and I know he feels the same way. I consider my husband as my eternal companion in every way. He is such a loving and kind man. He has been a choice father to our children and he and I love our large posterity more than we can even express. Our greatest desire is to have "No Empty Chairs" in our eternities. We are a Forever Family.  
I want to someday walk back hand in hand with my eternal love to our Heavenly Parents and our Loving Savior, Jesus Christ. 
We were so blessed to be married and sealed for Eternity by an Apostle of the Lord, Elder Ezra Taft Benson. He was an Apostle at that time and also served as United States Secretary of Agriculture. He later became the Prophet and 13th President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
 I remember well that my mother was late getting to the temple with my wedding dress and then President Benson was late for the sealing as well.  He asked us to come back to see him the following year. We didn't make that visit until 2 years later. It was such an honor to know him and have the opportunity to visit with him again. He gave us great advice both at our Wedding and later during our visit.
Here is a short story of our beginnings - 
For a more detailed story of our Wedding Day you can find it here.

No comments: