Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's My Blogging Day!

Hi to all our awesome children and grandchildren:
I thought I would update you all on what we have been doing. As you can see I have been learning how to add gadgets. Is this fun or not? We recently had an Enrichment Night Service Auction of which I volunteered to teach whoever bought my services on how to set up a blog. Therefore, I decided I need to learn more so you are now a witness to my accomplishments.
Update! Dad actually had two interviews this week with the RXAmerica. The interviews went well and he could get an offer; but there is a catch. His present job at Coventry is very stress filled as you all know. His boss did say that as soon as they got a manager whom she will hire in Richmond; he will go back to doing the other projects he was assigned before the manager quit. His best supervisor has also quit and his last day is Oct. 11th. As usual they are not hiring at this time enough Pharmacy Techs to handle the new growth the first of the year; therefore it will be an nightmare for Dad. Meanwhile, Coventry lost 50 million dollars last year and their stock went down to $40.00 a share and Aetna Insurance Company bought 51 shares of the company in a hostile take over. Meaning they now own Coventry. It usual takes about a year for them to integrate Coventry into their company. Meanwhile, RxAmerica is owned by Long's Drug and they are selling it to CVS Pharmacy which is a large Retail and Mail Service. Therefore, in a year or two Dad could loose a job if he was to take one there. Is this insecurity or what? Meanwhile, I need to do 30 CE hours in nursing by the end of December so I can maintain my license in case I need to go back to work.
I remain hopeful for him to just have a job that is less stressful. We are grateful for your faith and prayers in his behalf. We have strong testimonies of the fact that the Lord has a plan and we just need to be patient and faithful. Please continue to keep us in your prayers or you may have to take us in and take care of us. Prayers would be easier.
We are both excited for the conference weekend. We can have a little down time.
Last weekend we went up to Park City to see some of the houses that Sean has designed. They are beautiful and cost mega bucks. The crazy fact is that the people who buy them don't even live in the homes; except for a couple of months out of the year. We were amazed at the high tech computer system that run the houses. The homes are right next to the ski lefts. All of the ones built have a special ski room for changing and etc; which have a fireplace and look like a great den or small family room. It was fun to see them. We then went to dinner in Midway and stayed overnight in Heber. We then attended 3 games for Joseph, Jonathan, and Jeffery.
After which, Dad and I went for a Bicycle ride around Heber and stopped to see Jed and Jessica; which was fun. I wanted a picture of us with our bicycles and helmets to post; because I am sure we looked great. We then went back up to Sean and Mary's and visited with Jackson and the boys; so we could get to see them. It was a good break.
We are looking forward to our trip next week for Taylor Jo's Baptism. It will be fun to see our Idaho families.
Have a great weekend and as usual we pray you will have the opportunity to listen to all of the conference addresses. It should be a great spiritual weekend.
Love to you all! Dad and Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sound like a busy day and lots of fun! Wish we could be closer. I bet Sean and Mary's kids are really enjoying the fact that you are near.