OK, I know that I alway tell you how much we love you all; but it is so true. Yesterday, I gave the Presidency message in Relief Society on gratitude. I read part of a book " Count Your Many Blessings" and it had pages for one to write down 100 things that you are thankful for. At first that seemed daunting; but as I started doing this it didn't take long and I ended up doing more than 100 items. Actually, I think I could do much more. It was a great challenge because it gave me a moment to realize how thankful I am for each and every one of you. I pray for each of you by name every night and for anything that I feel that you might need. I also have been doing something that has helped me a lot. Sometimes, I just say a gratitude prayer instead of asking for something. We are so incredibly blessed in so many wonderful ways. I am so grateful to Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for everything that I enjoy and have in this life. I have a heart full of gratitude.
I gave the sisters a challenge to make a gratitude list and or to start a gratitude journal. I have also found that when you have a grateful heart there is no room for depression. I remember so many times when I was working in Las Vegas as a Hospice Nurse and I was ill at the time for several months; but couldn't stay home. Sometimes, I would feel so awful that it took everything I could to just get up and get ready to go. Once I started out to visit some of my patients I would soon feel so much better because I recognized how blessed I was to be able to care for those whom pain and struggle were much worse than mine. I am very grateful for those moments in my life.
There was one cute idea that I found and shared with the sisters. It was to make a Thanksgiving Poster and place it in an area of your home where you can see it everyday and challenge your children and yourselves to write down one thing a day that you are grateful for until Thanksgiving and then share and talk about these things with you family.
Have a grateful month. Love all of you much! Mom
3 comments:
That is so inspirational especially with the holidays coming up and it's a great thing for all year round. This is something that I have wanted to try for some time and it's about time I started:) I love your blog it's really cute!! Thanks so much for sharing it with me it means a lot!! I love being able to keep in touch with you, and all your family:)
Great idea mom! I am going to try this:)
Love, Tiff
What a great idea!!!! There are so many things that I am grateful for.....and what a great way to share them. Plus it is such a good way to to keep a positive attitude, and uplifting spirit in our home. I really love thanksgiving time, it really reminds us to reflect on our lives, and be grateful for all that we have. Each night when I am rocking Charley to sleep I smell her hair and savor the moment.....it's like heaven, and reminds me of how blessed I am. Thank you for sharing your blog!!!! It's so inspirational!!! Love, Kelli
Post a Comment